KNIGHTS OF COLUMBUS
ARCHBISHOP SALATKA ASSEMBLY 2044
2018 College Scholarship Award
For eligible 2018 High School graduating seniors of registered parishioners at Holy Spirit Catholic Church in Mustang, OK or St. John Nepomuk Catholic Church in Yukon, OK
The 4th Degree, Archbishop Salatka Assembly 2044, Knights of Columbus (KofC) are is pleased to present the opportunity for award of two monetary scholarships for post high school education. The purpose of the scholarship awards is to assist eligible 2018 High School graduating seniors with financial assistance to continue their education.
The scholarships will be awarded to two individuals based evaluation of an essay submitted to a review panel and titled “Patriotism in the Catholic Church.” The two $750 scholarships to be awarded in the form of a check on or about Veteran’s Day, November 11, 2018 at the annual “KofC Call to Mass” held at St John Nepomuk Catholic Church.
The successful applicant will be required to supply a valid SSN for the scholarship award.
- The applicant is required to submit a 300 to 500 word typed essay titled “Patriotism in the Catholic Church” along with an application, and a reference letter.
- The reference letter must be completed and signed by the parish pastor, deacon, religious advisor, youth director or a parish administrator who can comment on the applicant’s status as a practicing Catholic.
- The applicant must be a practicing Roman Catholic of the parishes of Holy Spirit Catholic Church (Mustang, OK) or St. John Nepomuk Catholic Church (Yukon, OK).
- The reference letter and the essay will be used to judge the applicants who are eligible for the scholarship award and to determine the recipients of the two scholarships.
- The essay evaluation panel will evaluate essays based on content, writing skill and argument.
- The essay will be the property of the K of C 4th Degree, Archbishop Salatka Assembly 2044, and will not be returned to the applicant.
- The deadline for applicants will be September 31, 2018. The two scholarship winners will be notified 2 weeks after.